Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Search for the Unearthly

For thousands of years, mankind has been interested in the unearthly things that are an inescapable part of our earthly existence.  We have feared those things that "go bump in the night;" while, at the same time, maintaining a fascination with all that is paranormal.   As a child, I experienced a series of unearthly events that forever changed the way that I looked at the world.

I grew up under the shadow of that mystery and acquired an insatiable desire to learn more about that part of our world that is termed "supernatural" or "paranormal".  An archaeologist by day, I spent my spare time doing another kind of digging: digging through historic documents, verifying eye-witness accounts, and separating the facts from the fraudulent.

As a scientist, I tend to approach a paranormal subject from an analytical way.  Yet as a person who has actually experienced the paranormal, I realize that there are things that exist which are outside our present understanding of science.

This blog will look at some of the things that I have uncovered while digging for the truth. I hope that you will join me each Thursday as I investigate a topic or event that can only be described as "unearthly."

1 comment:

  1. Have you had a similar experience? I'd love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete